Hi everyone!
Hope you guys are doing
well .We are going through tough times because of coronavirus
outbreak which brought on such a radical change. I can imagine you’re all in
the same boat and I hope we will come safe to shore and this will be just a bad
memory for all of us.
While in quarantine
,despite lectures that i have to study i try to do some other things that help me keep stress away .I cook , sometimes I exercise and
also read books that i wanted to read a long time ago .”The diary of a little
girl” by Anna Frank is one of the books i finished two days ago .I am a really
big fan of books or movies based on true story and this is one of
them .You maybe have red it too or you might have heard about it but i am going
to give you a brief description of it on this post.
Anne Frank and her
family hid in the back of an Amsterdam warehouse for two years because they were jewish and you
know the holocaust and the terrors jewish people went through during that
time, but even in isolation she had the courage to study hard ,to
dream ,to fell in love even though in those extraordinary conditions,
facing hunger, the ever-present threat of discovery and death.It is somehow similar to the situation we are living in but this virus is attacking all humans the world over.Both are going to remain in history.
I want to share with you a famous line from Goethe that Anna
mentioned in her diary “Himmelhoch
jauchzend, zu Tode betru'bt" (On top of the world, or in the depths of
despair) She mentioned it to tell that she felt on top of the world when she
compered herself with other jewish children who were in concentration camps and
in the depth of despair when she thinks about people who were not jewish and
could do whatever they want. SOMETIMES this expression applies to me
too .I feel on top of the world for being healthy and for every opportunity
that has been given to me but sometimes i feel really sad and hopeless for some
other things like injustice and other things that are not going well around.
Even though it was not a
happy ending story this book made me reexamine some things in my life and take
a fresh look of some others that has been blown out of proportion I think
everyone must keep trying and see how far he or she gets.
That’s all for
today J feel free to comment and recommend
any book that you think it is worth reading.
I like the fact that you have made a connection between the book and the current situation. A lot of people have recommended it to me and i think it is a good book to read. Nice choice 😄
ReplyDeleteI like that you read books and that you ae a fans of them because I keen on books too.The best way to learn new things is learning from books and from different stories.I really like your writting and the connection between story and the real life .Good job
ReplyDeleteI really like your post. I've read the book and i can say that it's a great emotional novel. Good job!
ReplyDeleteYou have made a good review. After I read it I really want to read”The diary of a little girl”. It will definitely be my next book. Good job 😊
ReplyDeleteI really liked the book review, l was reading everything with curiosity. You gave me a good recommendation. Good work.
ReplyDeleteI really liked the book review, l was reading everything with curiosity. You gave me a good recommendation. Good work.
ReplyDeleteTo be sincere,I have not read 'The diary of a little girl', but now that I saw this review I really want to. Your review has just a problem; you should have told us more :). As a book lover, I am really glad that it made it effect on you; it made you think about your life. That's what books have the power to do.
ReplyDeleteThank you for this nice review!