Wednesday, March 18, 2020

My first blog post

Hello everyone!

          This is my first post in  this platform and as a beginning I would like to share with you  my thoughts toward this new way of teaching and the difficulties I have encounter  to set up a blog. 
 I had previously heard about  blog as one the platforms used for various posts about fashion, cooking and or any means of communicating and publishing information on the web.I also know some celebrities or bloggers  that use blog  to   influence others .Nevertheless I didn’t know much at all about blogging and i thought that   starting  my own blog will take  some doing.

At the  beginning  when opening a blog assigned to us I was really happy as i was a bit  stressed about the current situation and dealing with the blog was a good way to keep myself busy. I enjoyed it a lot though I had no idea how we would use it  to learn.  As  days went on I learned new things about blogging  with some help from other members of  the group and of some  researches I did. Now everything is clearer and I really like this new way we are going to cover this course.

I consider the world of blogging creative and fun way to cover learning standards at the same time. .As I have discovered so far, blogging lets you express yourself visually through custom themes, headers, photography, layouts, and designs. There’s an art to that…and it’s fun!

As for  use of technology  in  teaching since technology has advanced (which cannot be undo) and it is present in every part of our lives  we can do nothing but use it in the best way we can.  I think using  technology in teaching is very useful.  Teachers can use technology to publish assignments, resources, and keep students even up to date on class events, due dates and content being covered .Over million of students from around the world are practicing online learning .

I have recently heard about  some states like Florida that  operate  full-time online schools: online or virtual schools enroll students on a full-time basis. Students enrolled in these schools are not attending  school in a building  instead they receive all of their instruction and earn all of their credits through the online school.

I want to end my first new post with a quote.

 -We need technology in every classroom and in every student and teacher's hand, because it is the pen and paper of our time, and it is the lens through which we experience much of our world.
David Warlick

.
This was all about my first post. I hope you enjoyed it. :)



6 comments:

  1. Hi Eriola! I have to agree that I also had heard that "Blogger" was used to post about fashion and cooking. It is nice that you see this platform as a way of escaping from the current situation. About tecnology, do you think there are any disadvantages about using it in education?

    I really loved the quote :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your discussion regarding blogging and the need of technology. I support your point of view. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Done!
    I appreciate the way you have combined your thoughts with concrete examples.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the same experience with blogging as well. Nice post 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quote was really nice and inspiring. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

E-portfolio ,e-quizzes, e-surveys and e-rubrics

Hi guys  ,          Everyone has different learning styles .Why wouldn't we assess in ways that captures the unique abilities of each in...