Monday, April 20, 2020

Using technology tools in project work.


Hello everyone ,
I hope all of you are feeling good. This time I would like to share with you two apps that can be used in classroom to create and present   projects.

You know that I'ts tough keeping kids engaged today .They ‘re used to communicating  and multitasking on computers and smartphones .Even teachers are destructed with all this new gadgets ,so when it comes to create a classroom project, asking young learners to use these tools that result in static  posters like this,

might be considered a bit boring .Fortunately today there’s  a whole new way to erase paste and cut. Glogster.edu .is one of the apps that helps learners to do that .
You are probably asking yourself what is a glog?
 With glogster students and teachers create posters and integrate graphics ,text images videos and sounds .

.So if students are asked to illustrate a topic they can use text visuals and sound and images and they can show off to teacher, parents and other learners who can access the project online by going to  the glogster link .Students can work in groups and turn all their ideas into a  well designed project.
This app is online ,it is free and it is easy to use .
If i learn how to use it for a couple of hours ,imagine what young learners can do .
Students can use their imagination  and customize all the elements to best fit their project.


The second app I am going to write about  is more advanced and it can be used from adult students .It is called Pictochart .It is also a free app and  help students to create stunning presentations  ,infographics ,posters  and many other things .
Which grabs your attentions more ?


A giant block of text or a colorful smartly arranged visual ? Obviously  the visual .You don’t need any professional experience  to turn that giant text into a visual project in minutes.There are thousands of eye –catching templates with choices for every need which can customize however you like. This way students ,even teachers  can get their  message across with ease .
You can add online maps ,videos from youtube and also create many designs .

THESE ARE SOME PROJECTS CREATED BY STUDENTS .The projects might  consist of many pages like a presentation  or it can be a flyer or just a poster  and through designs they express their ideas easier.
I already love these apps and I am planning using them in my future classroom.

Thank you!
#commentsarewelcomed

6 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this post and the fact that you have pointed out some helpful apps to use. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very interesting post Eriola! I really enjoyed reading about the apps you suggested to be used in class to create projects. Never heard of these two apps and i'm already planning to use them in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was very interesting to read about new apps that I personally had not heard before. Very accurate and useful information. Thumbs up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have chosen an interesting topic to write about, i learned new information i didn't know before, and i think the apps you have mentioned might be useful to work with them in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree that we should integrate tecnology in project work. I find this post very useful for both teachers and students. Good job Eriola!

    ReplyDelete

E-portfolio ,e-quizzes, e-surveys and e-rubrics

Hi guys  ,          Everyone has different learning styles .Why wouldn't we assess in ways that captures the unique abilities of each in...